GARMIN® ANNOUNCES CERTIFICATION OF THE G1000 NXI UPGRADE IN THE PIPER MERIDIAN
Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification and availability of the G1000 NXi® upgrade for G1000-equipped Piper Meridian aircraft. The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck upgrade is available immediately for these aircraft through select Garmin dealers and features several new enhancements such as SurfaceWatch™, visual approaches, geographical map overlay within the HSI and more.
“G1000 NXi-equipped aircraft are recognized for their advanced capabilities and significant performance upgrades, and today we’re excited to add another aircraft to the eligibility list,” said Carl Wolf, vice president of aviation sales and marketing. “When pilots fly behind this modern integrated flight deck, they’ll immediately notice its smooth and responsive display and appreciate the latest, innovative features – they’ll wonder how they ever flew without the G1000 NXi.”
State-of-the-art processors support faster map rendering and smoother panning throughout the G1000 NXi displays. The flight displays also initialize in seconds so pilots have immediate access to frequencies, flight plan data and more, saving valuable time in the cockpit. The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck also incorporates contemporary animations and LED back-lighting, offering increased display brightness and clarity, reduced power consumption and improved dimming performance.
The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck boasts a comprehensive feature set with new and advanced capabilities. Unique features included as part of the G1000 NXi upgrade for the Piper Meridian include:
- SurfaceWatch runway monitoring technology, which provides visual and aural cues to help prevent pilots from taking off or landing on a taxiway, on a runway that is too short or on the wrong runway based on performance data entered during preflight.
- Visual approaches offer pilots enhanced guidance in visual flight conditions based on a three-degree glideslope from the threshold of the runway. Pilots can set customized minimums, select vectors or straight-in for the final approach intercept and fly a visual approach coupled with the autopilot.
- Geographical map overlay within the HSI supports the display of NEXRAD, Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) weather1, weather radar, SafeTaxi® airport diagrams, traffic1, terrain and more.
- Flight Stream 510 and Connext® technology enables Database Concierge, the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot™ app on a mobile device to the G1000 NXi integrated flight deck. Flight Stream 510 also supports two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of traffic, weather, GPS information and back-up attitude information.
- The G1000 NXi system supports the display of various Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) In benefits via the GTX™ 345R transponder2.
- Pilots can optionally overlay European Visual Reporting Points (VRPs) on the moving map, as VRPs are standard within the navigation database.
- Display of sectional charts, as well as IFR low/high enroute charts are available on the MFD.
- Smart Airspace highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace.
- COM frequencies are decoded and displayed on the PFD for easier interpretation.
- Decoded Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAFs) can be viewed on the MFD.
- Split-screen functionality allows pilots to view flight plans, charts and more simultaneously.
- An optional audio panel upgrade offers advanced features such as 3D Audio, auto squelch and Bluetooth®
The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck upgrade for existing G1000-equipped Piper Meridian aircraft is available immediately through select Garmin dealers. Meridian owners and operators can easily upgrade to the G1000 NXi with minimal aircraft down time and disruption of the panel as the displays preserve the same footprint and connectors, so panel modifications are not required. The upgraded components of the G1000 NXi also come with a two-year warranty, which is supported by Garmin’s award-winning avionics product support team. For additional information regarding the G1000 NXi upgrade for the Piper Meridian, contact Scott Frye at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional details, visit www.garmin.com/g1000nxiupgrade.
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, an expansive suite of ADS-B solutions and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value. For more information about Garmin’s full line of avionics, go to www.garmin.com/aviation.
For decades, Garmin has pioneered new GPS navigation and wireless devices and applications that are designed for people who live an active lifestyle. Garmin serves five primary markets, including automotive, aviation, fitness, marine, and outdoor recreation. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, twitter.com/garmin, instagram.com/garmin or youtube.com/garmin.