Garmin announces new pilot training opportunities through Spring 2022
In-person pilot training returns to Garmin headquarters this August
Garmin® International, Inc.® is pleased to announce its pilot training opportunities through June 2022 including a return to in-person instructor led courses beginning in August 2021. Healthy workplace practices are in place for the health and well-being of Garmin customers and associates. A variety of pilot training opportunities are available ranging from self-study materials, webinars, eLearning courses and instructor-led training offered for the GTN™ Series, G500/G600, TXi™Series, G3X Touch™, and Garmin integrated flight decks.
Professional instructor-led training
Instructor-led classroom training returns to an in-person format at the Garmin headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. The dedicated and experienced team of Garmin flight instructors provide pilots a hands-on approach to learning Garmin avionics in an in-person classroom environment designed for all levels of experience. To see the full calendar of Garmin training events and information on registering for in-person classes at Garmin headquarters, please visit www.fly.garmin.com/training.
- GTN Series: Explore the capabilities that Garmin’s GTN and GTN Xi series of navigators provide in this two-day in-person classroom training. This class is intended for both novice and experienced aviators using scenario-based training that builds on knowledge obtained through the
GTN 2.0 eLearning course. The cost to attend the in-person classroom training is $550; returning customers are eligible for a $50 discount.
- GTN and Flight Display: This two-day in-person classroom training includes instruction on the GTN/GTN Xi navigators and TXi series, G3X Touch and the G500/G600 displays. The training focuses on flight planning and instrument procedures for those that are both new to the GTN or just looking for a refresher, building on knowledge obtained through the GTN 2.0 eLearning course. The cost for the in-person classroom training is $700; returning customers are eligible for a $50 discount.
- G1000®/G1000 NXi: With an emphasis on flight planning, instrument procedures, vertical navigation, and the automatic flight control system, this one-day instructor-led virtual training class, or two-day in-person classroom training, explores the vast capabilities of the G1000 integrated flight deck, building on knowledge obtained through G1000 NXi eLearning course. The cost for the cost for in-person classroom training is $825; returning customers are eligible for a $50 discount.
Take full advantage of Garmin avionics features and capabilities with eLearning Courses
Pilots can receive in-depth instruction to better prepare for flights through eLearning courses that guide them through scenarios intended to build understanding and confidence with Garmin avionics. Using a computer, tablet or smartphone, pilots can access the courseware immediately through the eLearning platform. Garmin eLearning courses come with a two-year subscription and can be purchased at www.fly.garmin.com/training.
The following eLearning opportunities are available:
- Garmin GTN Essentials 2.0: This course provides in-depth instruction on the fundamental operation of the highly capable GTN and GTN Xi touchscreen navigators, as well as helicopter features, for pilots that are new to the GTN or just want a refresher.
- Garmin TXi Essentials 2.0: For pilots that are new to the system, this course will provide instruction on fundamental operation of the touchscreen flight display.
- Garmin G1000 NXi: Pilots will have four comprehensive courses to choose from that will provide in-depth training on the G1000 NXi depending on the needs of the pilot to enable effective use of the system’s situational awareness and decision-making resources.
- Garmin G3000® Essentials: This updated eLearning course introduces pilots to the operation and user interface of the G3000 integrated flight deck. An updated version,
G3000 Essentials 2.0 is coming in Fall 2021.
- Garmin G5000® Essentials 2.0 and 2.0 PLUS: Introduces pilots to the operation and user interface of the G5000 integrated flight deck, including the latest features. The G5000 Essentials 2.0 PLUS course includes a separate module that describes autothrottle usage.
- Garmin Aviation Weather Radar 2.0: This course helps pilots understand the fundamentals of weather radar and the latest features to take full advantage of Garmin GWX™ systems.
These scenario-based webinars are offered for no charge and are intended to help pilots explore various avionics setups, flight planning, navigation and other features with Garmin pilot instructors. Webinars will be held monthly through the end of 2021 and will return on a quarterly basis beginning in 2022. To register for Aviation Webinars, please visit Garmin.com/AviationWebinars.
Build a solid foundation with self-study opportunities
Detailed pilot guides provide extensive information on features, functions, and capabilities related to Garmin avionics that the pilot must know in order to operate the aircraft. Free pilot guides are available for download for all retrofit installations including the GTN series, GTN Xi series, G500/G600, G500/G600/G700 TXi, and G3X Touch. For integrated flight decks such as the G1000, G3000 and G5000, the pilot’s guides are available from the aircraft manufacturer. Training videos and pilot training webinar recordings can be found on the Garmin Aviation YouTube channel.
PC and iPad® Trainers
Garmin also offers a limited number of computer (PC) and iPad trainers that simulate the behavior of an avionics system interface for pilots interested in learning the basic operation of a system. Current PC trainers can be found at support.garmin.com, and the GTN, GTN Xi, and TXi series trainer apps are available for download from the Apple® App Store®.
Custom Training Requests
The Garmin Aviation Training team can support on-demand training requests based upon instructor availability and training resource considerations on a first-come, first serve basis.
For all Garmin aviation training needs, including reservations for one of these training events, please visit www.fly.garmin.com/training. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, an expansive suite of ADS-B solutions and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at email@example.com, or follow us at facebook.com/garminaviation, twitter.com/garminaviation, instagram.com/garminaviation or youtube.com/garminaviation.