G1000 NXi upgrade for Phenom 100/300 aircraft
Garmin International announced European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval of the G1000® NXi upgrade for Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 equipped with the Prodigy Flight Deck. The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck boasts a comprehensive feature set with modern and advanced capabilities including SurfaceWatch™ runway monitoring technology, visual approach guidance, horizontal situation indicator (HSI) map and more. In addition to system features, the G1000 NXi displays also preserve the same mechanical footprint and harness connections to allow for simpler installation and time savings when completing the upgrade.
Unique features available as part of the G1000 NXi upgrade for the Phenom include:
- SurfaceWatch runway monitoring technology that provides visual and aural cues to help prevent pilots from taking off or landing on a taxiway, on a runway that is too short or on the wrong runway based on performance data entered during preflight;
- Visual approach guidance to help pilots fly a more stable descent and precise flight path throughout the approach and landing phases of flight;
- Ability for pilots to overlay a moving map within the HSI;
- Spilt-screen view available on the Multi-Function Display (MFD), offers a simultaneous view of maps, charts and more;
- Sectional charts and IFR low/high enroute charts give pilots convenient access to chart data on the flight display;
- Pilots can optionally overlay European Visual Reporting Points (VRPs) on the moving map, as VRPs are standard within the navigation database;
- Smart Airspace™ highlights the airspace nearest the aircraft’s current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace;
- Decoded Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts (TAFs) can be viewed on the MFD;
- Available as an option for the Phenom 100, the G1000 NXi system supports the display of various Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) In benefits via the GTX™ 345R and GTX 345DR transponder;
- Optional GMA™ 1360D audio panels can provide Bluetooth and 3-D audio capabilities;
- The GWX™ 75 Doppler weather radar is optionally available in the Phenom 300, incorporating exceptional range and a high-definition color palette that features four-times more color contouring that typically displayed by other weather radars on the market.
Modernized displays offer improved readability and state-of-the-art processors support smoother panning and faster map rendering within the G1000 NXi. The flight displays initialize in seconds, so pilots have immediate access to frequencies, flight plan data and more, saving valuable time in the cockpit. The G1000 NXi integrated flight deck also incorporates contemporary animations and new LED backlighting, offering increased display brightness and clarity, reduced power consumption and improved dimming performance.
The G1000 NXi upgrade for the Phenom 100/300 aircraft is available immediately through select Garmin dealers and Embraer Service & Support centers. The upgraded components of the G1000 NXi also come with a two-year warranty, which is supported by Garmin’s award-winning avionics product support team. For additional information regarding the G1000 NXi upgrade for the Phenom 100/300 aircraft, contact Scott Frye at (913) 440-2412 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional details, visit: www.garmin.com/aviation.
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, an expansive suite of ADS-B solutions and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at email@example.com, or follow us at facebook.com/garminaviation, twitter.com/garminaviation, instagram.com/garminaviation or youtube.com/garminaviation.